Monday, August 17, 2009

Great Weight Update


WAHOOOO!!!!!! We have lift off! And by that I mean that in the last week, 2.7 pounds of manky ol' fat has been lifted off my oh-so-fine bod! On top of that, I have shaved an inch off of my magnificent bosom (Seriously, I resemble the prow of a ship) another inch off of my waist and my total body fat has dropped from 27.5 to 26.7!!!

Having always been a fan of the "Drop it like it's hot, shed 10lbs in 10 minutes so long as you're willing to; drink nothing but this cayenne pepper and maple syrup concoction/live on cabbage soup/eat everything with chopsticks whilst simultanaeously doing jumpjacks" school of diet success ( Despite never losing a single pound I might add, apparently, nachos and cheese don't figure highly in these weight loss programs) I was more then a little leery of this whole "slow and steady wins the race" approach.

I am definitely a product of my times when it comes to getting in shape. I want results and I want them NOW tends to be my way of thinking. If I could put myself in the microwave and melt off the pounds, I would. However, seeing as how I can't fit my arse into the thing, let alone the rest of my lovely, ten week post baby self, I am giving the old sensible diet and exercise plan a try, and GUESS WHAT?!?!?

It works! Apparently. if you eat less and move more, you really do lose weight! Genius!

Whoddathunkit?

2 down, 18 to go...

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I have yet to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the liposuction baby helps too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from "up north".

    I have managed to lose the baby weight twice - but I have had 3 kids - so another lot still to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for you! I have been working on it to, the old fashioned way. Amazing that it works Ü. Keep up the good, hard work. Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day!

    ReplyDelete