Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sleep: Part One

Sleep. It's been on my mind a lot lately, especially since I entered the state of pregnancy often preceded by the word "heavily." I've been there for a few weeks but now, as I enter the final month of my gestation period, mother nature seems to be pulling the brakes on my half witted plans of world domination and my mile long list of "Things to Do Before the Baby Arrives."

A list which includes, but is FAR from limited to; Finishing the book, mailing out Protest Nappies, scrubbing the house from top to bottom (I'm seriously concerned about the hygiene habits of our home's previous tenants...) cooking, baking and freezing a year's supply of foods (?!?!?) entertaining and caring for the 15 month old overlord that is the Snot Queen, preparing for the imminent arrival of number two and creating a fabulous garden out back of the |"Dream House."

This crazy hyperactivity seems to be a common thread amongst my fellow breeders who's due dates are imminent...

Poor Jen over at Jen's Rantings has been felled by hypertension as she attempts to single handedly save the world and has had to limit her activities to those of a moderately insane person for these final blessed weeks of baby growing.

Irish Mammy On the Run
who is responsible for organizing the Nation Wide Protest which we are all currently consumed with was hauled into check by her little boy.

As for me, Mother Nature didn't have to be nearly so dramatic as alongside my own rabid need to "go, go, go" and "do, do, do" lies an equally deep love of "sleep, sleep, sleep" and "chill, chill, chill" which means that a combination of the old "wonky sacroiliac joint" along side the "pregnant nap fairy" with a healthy dash of "pee when I sneeze" means that my activities are quickly being limited to those which can be accomplished either in the home or within a ten minute radius thereof.

These include, but are far from limited to; Finishing the book, mailing out Protest Nappies, scrubbing the house from top to bottom, cooking, baking and freezing a year's supply of foods (?!?!?) entertaining and caring for the 15 month old overlord that is the Snot Queen, preparing for the imminent arrival of number two and creating a fabulous garden out back of the "Dream House."

Or of course, I could always take a nap...

3 comments:

  1. you know that food wont be as errr ahhhh appealing after a year.. just aim for a couple of months and settle for a few weeks.. :-)
    love dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself little sister, give into the sleep while you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed you are so organised, I haven't got to the stage of steam cleaning the tiles yet (my friend did) not sure I ever will.

    But apparantely this nesting instinct is supposed to kick in, would be great the house could do with a massive clean!

    I hope you are feeling well..

    What's the book about? How do you find the time??

    All the best
    Irish Mammy

    ReplyDelete