Tuesday, March 24, 2009

BRILLIANT BOOK ALERT!!!!!

I am in LOVE!!!!!! Wow oh wow oh wow oh wow! While trawling through the other books on offer at authonomy.com in the hopes of finding support for my own (which is now 12 on the non fiction list there! yayyy!!!!!) I came across the wonderful poems of Nicky Jones (please note my fabulous rhyming skills.

Now, I am not normally one for poetry. Even though I occasionally write my own, it wouldn't be something that I'd actively go out seeking, "Oh My! It's time to go an buy another poetry book!"

Of course, philistines like me are the main reason that modern poets have such a hard time scrabbling out a living. Then I stumbled upon Nicky Jones (and her wonderful poems) and my heart just about melted. I figured I'd give her a quick go as she seemed to be gaining quite a following and I admit, a part of me was hoping to jump onto her bandwagon so I could enthrall the other wagoneers with my own fine offerings....

Within a few minutes I was completely and utterly enthralled. the words tripped and danced all over the page and made my fingers itch, wanting desperately to hold the book itself and flip through the pages to my own favourite pieces. I wanted to keep it in my purse (nappy bag) to pull out on trains and buses or anytime really that the babs was sleeping and I'd a minute to myself.

Which was when I made a wonderful discovery.... Unlike the bulk of us fledgling authors on Authonomy, Nicky Jones has already been published and her book is available on amazon (lucky cow!) Needless to say, I have ordered a copy and cannot wait for it to arrive. As I'm a complete book fiend, I just wanted to share this with you all. If you want to check out Nicky's book, you can find it here. Yum!

Oh, and just to let you know, she has no idea that I'm plugging her book here, so please don't think that I'm about to turn my lovely blog into a giant Flog. although that being said..... If the price is right baby! I'm anyone's:) lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment