Wednesday, April 14, 2010

To My Tiny One...

Dear Tiny One,

I am so proud of you for learning a new skill this morning. While your old trick of flinging your porridge bowl to the floor (porridge and all) was impressive enough, your new ability to DETACH THE TRAY FROM YOUR HIGH CHAIR is simply phenomenal! The clatter it made as it hit the floor and the subsequent nerve damage caused to your dear old mother only added to the achievement.

The fact that you learned this skill the morning after the night of NO SLEEP only makes me all the more proud. Most babies require 10 -12 hours of solid zzz's a night to bulk up the old brain machine, not my little petal! No sireee!!!! What good would a night be after all without an hour long chat smack dab in the middle of it? Almost as good as a night where you do not use my poor battered breasts as a chew toy whilst desperately fighting sleep's siren call.

I would also like to take this moment to thank you for teaching me a lesson yesterday morning. Silly old mama thought that she'd give you some nappy free time and let the air get at your sweet little bottom. You'd think I'd know better by now, wouldn't you? You sure are a good little pooper! And such a fast crawler! Well, in fairness, the kitchen floor did need a bit of a scrubbing anyway...

You've also been good for my waistline. It sure isn't easy to eat a full meal with a ten month old clinging to your leg and screaming blue murder, let alone enjoy it!

Oh my little tiny one, how I love you so! However can I thank you for all the gifts you've given me? Perhaps in future, you could learn to share your gifts with others...

Sincerely,

Mama x

6 comments:

  1. Lol (sorry, v sorry), I will try not to laugh again. Broken sleep is a killer and I know there won't be much chance of a catch up nap today, thats just not how it works. I hope the day gets better for you:) Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've missed you! She sounds like my kind of girl, never a dull moment in your house x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill, I love your appreciation of the messes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I would have loved to have seen your
    face when the tray hit the floor. Quite impressive for a ten month old. Way to go girl.
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh grandas little angel.. lol..

    ReplyDelete