Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE My new house!!!!!! That's the good news, now for the bad news. My eyes are hanging out of my head with tiredness, so once again you will have to put up with reading a less then quality blog. So without further adieu, I present to you "snippets from the move "

Day One: Almost a non starter. After FINALLY getting myself and the Snot Queen cleaned, fed, dressed and cleaned again, we were off to begin an exciting day of unpacking the dream house. I had packed a lunch for me and the babs as well as a few basic cleaning supplies (washing up liquid and biscuits to be exact) what I hadn't packed, were the keys to our new home. Luckily, our fabulous neighbor Dots came to the rescue in her golden (navy blue) chariot (Volkswagon Passat) and drove us all the way to town and back to collect the damn things. Not of course, before we enjoyed a lovely midafternoon coffee and biscuit break. Despite the late start, I did manage to acclomplish a surprising amount and vowed to finish the job tomorrow...

Day two: The Packing Gods hate me. I don't know what I did to anger them, but it must have been bad. The day got off to a good start after I roused dear daddy and got him to drive myself and the small one to the new house, intent on putting in a full days work. My belly was feeling a little funny, but I figured it was just the enormous quantity of biscuits I've been consuming of late and that it would settle down shortly. By 9:00am we were settled in to our task. By 10:00am my head was in the toilet as my stomach returned the contents of the previous night's supper. Luckily, after a few hours of play, the Snot Queen had worn herself out and by noon was more then happy to curl up with mama for a three hour snooze... tiny baba meanwhile, spent the remainder of the day kicking my internal organs with glee while I battled the urge to well... purge.

Day two was pretty much a write off.

Day three: SUCCESS!!!!! Despite the discovery of the corpse of a rather large spider in one of the pint glasses which prompted me to clean every single dish in the new house as well as the cupboards in which they resided, I managed to fit three days work into a single morning. I would have made it a full day, except that friends were meeting down the road with coffee, tea and biscuits and the lure was just too strong.

Moment of Pride? Conquering my fear of our new gas powered appliances and cooking a pot of pasta and vegetable soup on the range.

Right, I don't have the energy or the brain power to come up with a witty closing, so I'll simply say good night and haiul my giant pregnant arse off to bed. In the words of the great Scarlett O'hara, "...Tomorrow is another day!"


  1. Hello Mammy Diaries...sorry been off line. So impressed with your progress and the fact you are on line! It took me a month to sort out phone and today just ... broadband. Still surrounded by boxes...I am due June 5th what about you? I think we are around the same time I totally emphathise with your move, being pregnant and with a toddler!

    All the best
    Irish Mammy

  2. Can't wait to visit.
    Sooo jealous of gas cooker.........(on my wih list)
    I hope you're out enjoying your garden today.

  3. Congrats! This all sounds nesty to me!