Saturday, September 19, 2009

FEED ME MAMMY!!!


Oh God! I feel like I've been hit by a truck... What is WRONG with me? My head hurts, my body hurts, my eyeballs feel like they weigh about two stone each and everything around me is just a bit too fast and a bit too loud.

Am I dying? Is it the plague? Is it Swine Flu?

Oh...

Wait a minute.

I'm the mother of a baby going through a growth spurt.

A Growth spurt which involves her feeding all. Night. Long.

Yeah, yeah, I know... Night time is when the milk is at it's most nutritious. Hence her hoover like latch which does not let up until the morning light streams through the curtains and big sis is ready to get up for the day while the tiny terror falls into a milk induced coma.

I know, I know, I know.

That doesn't mean I have to like it.

Night feeds suck.

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh this scenario seems all too real (and AWFUL) to a woman who is 26 weeks pregnant and mom to a two year old. Thanks for this reminder ... ugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I feel your pain. my lad seems to be in a constant growth spurt though so I am really not enjoying breastfeeding at the moment, I didn't realise the milk is more nutritious at night. I just know my back is sore, and he is just comfort sucking! ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SOOOO remember this feeling. My daughter is 9 now-- she fed all the time! I walked around like a zombie...

    ReplyDelete