Monday, November 2, 2009

The Most (un) Wonderful Time of the Year...

It's that time of year again...

No, not Christmas (despite what the shops would have you believe. All right boys! Move out Halloween, roll on Christmas!)

Not Halloween either (Did you not see the unbreakable Christmas tree ornaments in aisle two?)

Too late for back to school...

And waaaaaaaaaay too early for Easter eggs (Does anyone else find it kind of sad that Cadbury's eggs can now be had all year round?)

Nope!

It's that OTHER time.

The time that involves lots of disinfectant and tons of arms length cuddles.

Yup. T'is the season for the stomach flu. It came in the middle of the night (sneaky bastard) uninvited and unwanted. We awoke to the sound of the snot queen whinging in her sleep and immediately moved her to the cozy spot between us in the hopes that she wouldn't wake the tiny one.

The whinging continued.

It was about this time that my mommy senses started tingling.

Strongly.

Two seconds later ...BLECH! The warm feel of vomit all over my back and neck.

Yum.

The rest of the night was spent in a loop that went of like this. Whinge whinge... PUKE! ....Cry... Clean child, bedclothes, towels... get new ones out of the press... cuddle at arms length... dodge pukey kisses in the nicest way possible... turn off light.... doze....

whinge...whinge.... (Repeat as necessary)

Yup...

The vomit comet rides again.

Get your tickets now.

13 comments:

  1. Oh... I hate that time of year! My son sleeps so soundly that he never makes it out of bed in time to get to the bathroom. So the time is spent cleaning him and the bed, which is sooooo not fun!

    Lysold, Lysol, Lysol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from SITS! I agree it's that time. My son woke up with a sore throat and says it hurts too much to eat. I hope your little ones feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope she feels better soon Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cringed when I read vomit. Poor baby, I am sure she is miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. Poor baby. Hope she feels better soon and you'll be able to catch up on your sleep :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep it on your side of the pond please...so glad my kids are old enough to puke on their own now. :)

    Hello from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of my students have been out with the flu. Hope everyone in your household recovers soon. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

    Life's a Beach

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope she gets well soon! Flu season stinks! (Literally!)

    just dropped by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! You poor thing. I am so sick and tired of vomit and poop on a normal everyday basis (my perfume is called Le Pewk), I don't think I could handle a stomach flu on top of that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from SITS...The tummy bug is no fun, but definitely a part of life as a mom! I never used to get it until my little one arrived, now I've seen so much puke that it doesn't even phase me any more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really enjoying your blog and would like to give you the "One Lovely Blog" award. I checked your blog and I don't think you've gotten it yet. Please stop by my site to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. baby vomit...oh honey. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too! Well, me and the boychild. His first grown up puke! Hope that's it.

    ReplyDelete