Monday, June 6, 2011

Because Debauchery Loves Company...


There are certain skills in life I know that I need to attain. The ability to drive for instance. At 31 years of age with two small children and a husband who is soon going to install a meter in our car and start charging me for all the journeys I politely request that he take us on, the ability to motor myself about would indeed come in handy.

Likewise, it would also be great if I could ever get around to finishing off all those skills I started to learn and then abandoned in favor of newer, more sparkly skills. Like Knitting. I can do the basic stitch but that's about it. No matter how many times I get people to show me how to cast off, I never actually go home and practice and instead just continue to annually pick up a set of knitting needles and with the best of intentions knit what basically amounts to nothing more then a really long scarf destined to never ever leave the knitting needle as I have yet to figure out that final, crucial step.

Tonight however, I learned a new skill. A skill which when combined with my complete and utter lack of self control, can only lead to self destruction of the highest order.

Tonight I learned how to make a personal size chocolate cake in 3 minutes. In a mug. In the microwave. Add another minute of melting chocolate and suddenly that personal size chocolate cake became an ooey, gooey, heavenly piece of rich, chocolatey, melt in your mouth heaven.

I wish to god that I could scrub this knowledge from my brain.

But since I can't, I will happily implant it into yours. And remember, not only is it delicious, it's also quick, easy to clean and ridiculously simple to make... Enjoy! (and don't forget to make the chocolate sauce after to pour on!)

Take a mug or large microwavable cup.

Add:

4 T. flour

4 T. sugar

2 T. good, unsweetened cocoa powder


Mix dry ingredients well.


Add:

1 egg

3 T. milk

2 T. vegetable oil

3 T. semi-sweet chocolate chips ( or broken up good chocolate)

1/2 t. vanilla


Mix really, really well in cup. Microwave for 3 minutes on high. Remove and enjoy!

(Recipe found at http://shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com/)

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I really will have to share this and spoil a few people's diets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great... Can't wait to try it! LoL

    Sign: DXF File

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god that is sooo dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious!

    If you find yourself browsing online while enjoying this, come visit www.jellybabies.ie

    We have a wide range of children's clothing, strollers, safety products and baby gifts!

    ReplyDelete